|Very high speed PIN
Photodiodes offering a high responsivity and good linearity over a bandwidth exceeding 50 GHz.
- DPSK dual-PIN DTIA for long haul 40 Gb/s WDM transmission systems
System performances for 43 Gb/s DPSK
- High responsivity (>0.7 A/W over C-band)
- Low polarisation loss (TE/TM<0.4 dB)
- High speed operation (f3db > 40 GHz)
- Excellent OSNR performance (18.5 dB/0.1 nm)
- ~ 1.5dB margin wrt BOL specs
- wide CDR threshold margin
Top view of a waveguide pin photodiode designed for 40 Gbit/s applications. The anti-reflection coated dry-etched input facet (top center) is offset from the cleaved facet, allowing collective on wafer processing. Light is evanescently coupled from the multimode diluted quantum well waveguide into the 5 x 25 µm 2 absorption region.